Thomas

Thursday 12 September 2013

home at last

I'm very happy to say my oldest wll be coming home for school. Well, part time at least. I spoke to his school last week about him attending certain classes: band, art, gym and practical arts (or as we used to call it, shops) and they said YES!

So instead of sitting in a class bored most of the time, he will take the classes I can't offer him there and do his own pace here for the other subjects. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to have this opportunity.

 Having him home means we can learn about each other as a family, teach each other and grow closer. My ultimate goal in all of this is to become closer as a family, but also to let him learn at his own pace. I found that he seemed bored at school so much of the time, and was distracted easily by the other students, noises and teachers in the school. I also found that he was often overstimulated at school, and when he came home it would be nothing but fights until he went to bed. I hope that not going full time will help him focus more on his studies and complete his schooling early. Since I plan on teaching year round, I'm sure that won't be too much of a problem.

I am super stoked to really begin our new journey and to learn a lot along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment