Thomas

Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Positive Effect- the power of positive thinking



I am trying to think more positively in my life, and to instill positive thinking and self talk in my children. With this idea in mind, I decided to create a special box filled with positive quotes, thoughts and affirmations to help guide them in their journey into positive thinking.


Silly picture


I took an empty box and covered it with a decorative paper. Another idea is to cover it with plain white or brown wrap and letting the children decorate the box themselves, but I wanted to present it as a special box I made just for them.

I took different sizes and colours of paper and wrote quotes, thoughts and words that are positive on them. Every day, the kids are supposed to take one of the pieces of paper out and read the words written on it. Every day the card or paper with the affirmation or positive words for the day will be placed where the kids can look at it and read (or have it read to them) again as many times as they want. Over the course of the month, the children should begin to have a collection of words and phrases. They'll have about 30 different words, quotes and positive ideas to look at by the end of the month and read over. Each. That makes for 90 or more! I plan to change many (but not all) of the words at least once a month, so every month they will have new and repeated positive thoughts read to them.

Picking out and reading the words on the cards will become a habit you and your children can enjoy together every day, a special time for each one of your children and you to connect with one another, even if only for a minute or 2. In this busy day and age, it's important to slow down sometimes and breathe, and affirm the positive relationship you want with your children. It will help you all feel more connected and in turn will help your relationships flourish.

Peace and love.


1 comment:

  1. Wow I love this, you must be s very creative woman that have great skills in taking care of children in a God gearing way. I really do love this blog. I won't mind if we have further communication so I can have more pleasant conversation with you. You might be of great help to help me raise my children

    ReplyDelete